I never thought that I'd be put in a predicament in my working life and choose between family or career till now. I would've thought that working environment in this era should be family-oriented. What with women in Europe bringing their kids to work and letting them play underneath the desk while they work, this country really lacks behind in terms of being family-oriented....way too far behind. Or maybe it's just the company I work for or the boss I report to....
View my previous posts about almost being forced to go overseas. That someone just asked me in front of everyone else 'when is this going to stop' (pumping milk). I thought the jokes going around about spinsters being nasty people weren't true but now I'm starting to believe in them!
These kind of stuff should have been highly personal and doctors, pediatricians, books and journals are all recommending breastfeeding thus companies and bosses should make leeways for it to happen. Heck, even milk companies aren't allowed to advertise their formula milk but are recommending it! And I'm asked when can I stop so that I can travel for work? *&^%$!!! I should have said three years instead of six months!
Yes, I am having a migraine right now from not getting enough sleep for the past three months but this will not stop me from bitching about that someone. Say no to travelling, no to overtime, no to promotion but yes to pay rise!


No comments:
Post a Comment