My Dad passed out twice two days ago. It was really scary looking at him when he was unconscious as he looked so different. My Mum was panic-striken and started shouting and calling everyone on the telephone book and opening the door for just anyone to come in to help. I'm thankful for the emergency life saving course that I've attended about two years ago and all the yoga classes that I've taught which helped me to be calm in such situations. At least he was still responding to my questions but it still looked scary. Anyway, my sister and I drove him to the nearest hospital at my area and there's really such a vast difference from government hospitals versus a private one.
When I was driven to a private hosiptal the last time, they had people just waiting with wheelchairs and they came to you even before the car stopped. The government hospital? We waited until my Dad stood up himself with the help of my brother-in-law while the hospital attendants asked us why we didn't wait for them to bring the wheelchair.
From the wheelchair, I was wheeled into the observation room where a doctor flew in to check and treat me at the private hospital. It all happened within 10 minutes. At the government hospital, my Dad waited on the wheelchair while I registered him at the counter (10 minutes) and waited for the 'doctor' who didn't look like one and whose room was next to the registration counter to call us in (20 minutes).
At the private hospital, a nurse wheeled me everywhere. In the government hospital, I had to wheel my Dad everywhere and none of them bothered to open the doors. The 'doctor' who didn't look like one asked me to wheel him while he walked in front of me to the observation room. I was asked to leave my Dad there and to wait outside at the waiting area. I waited two hours and no one informed me of anything.
At the private hospital, I was admitted for observation right after the doctor diagnosed me at the observation room. My Dad waited for more than two hours and was sent home without medication or any report. What the.....
Oh..and did I forget to tell, I walked right into the observation room to see what was happening after two hours and found two student doctors poking at my Dad!


1 comment:
i have a task regarding public hospital n i read your post just to get to know the feelings. thank you. it's quite helpful.
Post a Comment