
No, this isn't a story about Wesak Day celebrations in Borobudur. It is about the planned Borobudur trip. It was planned early this year, noting that our Wesak Day date is on the 1st of May. The hotel bookings were easily made even though it was supposed to be fully booked only to find out that two weeks before my departure, Wesak Day worldwide is celebrated on 31st May!
That's not the whole point of the story. The point is A said he'd like to join us on the trip and was ecstatic about Wesak Day as well. I gave him the flight details and in the end he said he couldn't make it because he was going with some other people and there weren't enough free tickets for them.
On 31st May, I received an SMS. It says "I'm here at Borobudur celebrating Wesak Day". I replied "Babi" (which means pig). Plus A said he didn't know it was Wesak Day. Pig.
Why does Malaysia have to celebrate Wesak Day on a different date than the rest of th World?


No comments:
Post a Comment