'Killing target' for some stereotyped people. Dogs would soon be in extinction in this country if this goes on. I saw an official poster from MPAJ up in the lift today. It practically says 'no one living in Malaysia can have a dog or touch a dog or look at a dog that is more than 10cm'.
No one is allowed to have an unlicensed dog. If you want a dog, you'll need to apply for a license from them. They will only approve licenses for people living no higher than the ground floor. Failure to obtain a license for your dog will get you fined RM2000.00. It says clearly on the sign that this only applies to 'anjing-anjing' (meaning dogs).
Why are some people here so stereotyped? I would like to think that they might be thinking for the good of the dog and that keeping a dog in an apartment means confining the dog in a small space which, is not exactly true either because then we humans would be confining ourselves in our home too. What about cats or any of the other X-generation pets that people like to have these days, i.e. snakes and iguanas? Aren't they the same size or even larger than dogs?
I would not like to mention it here but I would think that this rule has something to do with the races and their religions. What if Malaysia becomes limited in space in the future and we all had to live in high rise apartments? Does this mean that we would all have to dispose man's best friends? Wouldn't that cause dogs to be in extinction then? All because of stereotyped people who think that they'd die younger just by looking at a dog. That would be sad isn't it, if one day we all had to run programmes to save dogs from becoming extinct.
Once, some 'so-called-officer' walked by my apartment and saw my dog when she was full time living with me. He said he had to report me and started to write the apartment number down although I told him that I was just caring for a friend's dog for a few days (I had to lie to save the dog). He wouldn't listen because he said he heard some dog barking from inside. At that crucial moment, here comes my dog walking to the door wagging her tail trying to welcome this 'officer' who would have no qualms about shooting her down. I had to think fast and all I could tell him was, "NOOOOO...but this is a PIG, it's not a dog!"
By the way, why didn't they disallow pigs? And yes, I am turning my dog into a pig. She's now a pig everytime she comes over.


No comments:
Post a Comment