I cannot say the word "fifth". Whenever I need to say it, people would go, "Huh? First? Fifth? First?". If I was in the Amazing Race and the task required me to say "fifth" I would lose miserably. Or if I had a rabbit named "Fifi", it would think that it's name is more like "Sisi" or "Thithi". I think I was born with a dent in my tongue or perhaps my front teeth are a bit too large making it difficult to say "fifth". Fortunately the imperfection is in the mouth, not anywhere visible!
Two days ago, my new employer called me on the phone. They wanted to confirm some things. At the very end of the conversation, they asked if I was starting on July 1st. My reply was of course, "No, I start on the fifth." The conversation ended with them saying, "Oh, OK. I'll see you then."
Umm..so did they actually hear the 'no' in front? Or they assume I'm starting on the 1st? I am in great trouble. I should've thought better than agreeing to start on a date that I could not pronounce properly.


No comments:
Post a Comment