Monday, September 25, 2006

Difficult Decisions


I would not want to climb Mount Everest after hearing stories about people getting in big dilemmas. Dilemma of getting to the top while you can or saving a stranger's life.

I was in a big dilemma recently. I was geared to go up to the peak of the mountain (not Everest!). But two in my group were sick beyond help that very day. I had my chance - to get to the peak or to be there for them, just in case. It was my first climbing this mountain and I may never have the chance to get to the peak again. But I might live in guilt if anything happened to them while I was up there seeing God's wonderful creation. What should I do?

I'm glad I made the right decision. The mountain will always be there. Plus something magical happened indeed!

No comments: