Oopss..anyway, I'm not here to talk about her. What I wanted to say was that it's really important that you get bosses who would praise you and appreciate you and I don't mean by just actions but by telling you straight to face. My ex-CEO, TF was like that. He'd go around telling every other company and everybody nationwide that his most prized possessions were his staff. He'd go around telling you, "You're the best" right to your face when he sees you. He'd invite you over to Bangsar to have dinner with him and didn't even think that he's the CEO and you're some kuchi-rat in the company. He didn't want to know what position you're holding as there's no hierarchy in the company. He'd talk to you like you're his friend and not a staff working for him.
There was once he put on the ramp workers' (those people who carried baggages to the plane) jacket and went to carry up the baggages with them.
I suffered from culture shock when I changed companies. No regrets but I do miss working for people like him (minus the HR policy there and minus some other people who did it all wrong). It was fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment