Monday, December 03, 2007

My Facebook


It's weird. I used to have only a Friendster account and nothing else. Had that for years and the number of friends would never increase unless I accepted strangers' requests. But since July this year, I had to register into all the other social networks for a project that I'm on - MySpace, Flickr, Travbuddy, Weemee, Wayn, etc etc, you name it I got it. One of it was Facebook. On the other social network sites, I had strangers requests - so many that I had to ban my email account. But on Facebook, it was different. I started to get real friends' requests and that website which once was just a 'test' site for me has become a connection point with friends, cousins, ex-colleagues, colleagues whom I've not got to know in person, etc. So much so that the number multiplied and became more than those that I have over the years in Friendster.




My point in creating this post is not to actually discuss about Facebook but about my classmates. I see all the other friends' profiles and they've mostly got their schoolmates, unimates and even kindergarten pals! Try as I might but I couldn't find any - not a single one. I even joined my school's alumni group and searched for familiar faces but there's just none. Hmmmm....isn't this the weirdest thing? Not to mention, I've not seen or been in contact with any of them for years, all except for one.




And by the way, if you see anything weird on my facebook account, i.e. like sending fishes and flowers to myself and writing on my own wall, please excuse me...they were all done for research.

No comments: