Monday, December 03, 2007

Burn office, burn!

One of my colleagues, T, from the sister-company actually brought some unique Sibu biscuits that could not be found here. It's something like small roti canai wrapped with errmm....some meat?? inside. We've yet to taste it and were supposed to last Friday.

Somehow, it wasn't the day to feast on Friday. T actually tried to reheat the "biscuit" in a plastic bowl that didn't have the microwave safe sign on it. Fortunately it was only one piece out of the many pieces that he brought. About three minutes later, smoke came out of the pantry. Lots of them! Thankfully the smoke alarm didn't go off. Would have been fun though. The whole pantry was covered with dioxine (is this what comes out of burnt plastic?) and white smoke. Unfortunately, the whole office didn't get burnt like we hoped it would so we get early Christmas holidays. I'm putting up a list now what I should be taking with me if it did the next time around...
1. me of course
2. my bag containing my IC, credit cards and keys
3. my drawer which contains all my junk food
4. my handphone
5. voodoo dolls?
6. perhaps the office laptop.....
And sure, I'd be blocking the doorway now that I'm bigger plus all the things that I'd lug out with me, so office people that I hate will not get through......

I use that microwave almost every day to reheat my breakfast/lunch. I wonder if it's infected with dioxine....sigh...looks like it's cold noodles for lunch today!

No comments: