I've gotten rid of the itch to get a pro-SLR camera after my recent trip. It's got more features than a typical SLR except that maybe I can't take clear pictures of the moon or stars. Well, I actually took a picture of the North Star and it came out clear - black background and one white spot that is, nothing much to brag about but still!!
My god-dog (as in Godfathers, godma, god-sisters, so my part time dog is my god-dog?) is afraid of my camera. She runs and hides as soon as I bring my camera out, probably because of it's size. It's like a gun to her. I cannot imagine pointing a SLR camera at her. She'd probably get a heart attack. Besides, I've figured out a way of taking her pictures - by switching off all the lights so she can't see, put my camera on auto mode and raising the flash. Tadaa!!
Last night, my ex-colleague (yeah Jo, it's you) sms-ed and asked if I'd like to sell my camera. It got me itchy again as I've had thoughts of trading in the camera, first for the new Canon IS S5 and then for a Canon EOS400. But I was too reluctant to let it go after the recent trip. I cannot imagine carrying an extra camera bag that is as huge as the backpack that I carry everywhere or running out of batteries while I'm at a place that supplies electricity only during the night just so I can take pictures in RAW format and print clear-non-grainy poster sized pictures (which I never will). Jo also pointed out a website on reviews of the new Canon S5 which apparently is not much different from the Canon S3 and S3 actually takes better pictures.
So my conclusion is - I will still get a SLR - later, but will keep my S3. Can't bear to sell it off. At least my first itch to trade in for the S5 is all gone now. I'll wait for the EOS450. Apparently this is also a Prosumer which is the same as the S3 now.....


No comments:
Post a Comment