The first question I asked my doc when I was wheeled out of the surgery room, "When can I eat?" Oh yes, of all questions, this was the one and only question I had. Makes me sound like an idiot. It was not "When can I feel my legs?" or "When will I feel pain?" or "What should I do in an emergency".... I guess that is just me. I've been thinking of Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs, sashimi and half boiled eggs with toasted bread, J Co dougnuts and ice-kacang just the day before. My doc's answer was surprsingly, "Now." "Now? As in now, now?" "Yup."
I thought the woman next to me in my previous stay had to wait till her first fart before the glucose drip can be taken off and she could start drinking and eating. That took more than a day and a half! How come mine is different?
So anyway, besides the eating part and glucose drips which was taken off me as soon as I reached the ward, there was no morphine machine. No offers of painkilling jabs although I was told to ask for it if I needed it. The only thing that came to me was a miserable pill supposingly, ponstan, the ones that women normally take for their monthly sufferings. I know I once blogged about not being able to feel any physical pain but that doesn't mean the condition will last forever...
Makes me wonder, did I actually go through a C-Section? Maybe it was a D-Section (like 'dissecting' an insect or a frog).


No comments:
Post a Comment