Did I say I sold paper bags? Well, I sold a plastic bag this time.....
eBay is a fun place to be on. Not just because one can clear off junk in there but one can also get loads of cheap stuff. I have been looking for a baby carrier for months - one that can fit a 'gwailor' sized person. The Malaysian made ones, although they're cheap, ranging from RM29 to RM100 would never fit one who's over 5ft 8. I am adamant about not being the one who has to carry the heavy load after 'it' gets lifted off me for good. 38 weeks, 24 by 7 carrying that extra 20kg of weight is more than enough to put me first place in a heavy weight championship.
Now back to the carrier, I was first introduced to it by an imported magazine. I didn't know that I can buy this from Malaysia until I saw a friend using it. My search for that 'gwailor' enabled size carrier came to a halt when I saw the prices - RM399 to RM599! Gawd....to pass on that heavy weight off me just for that few months before it walks costs this much?
Thankfully, the same friend gave me the idea of searching for it on eBay - there are tons of that carrier with prices ranging from RM40 onwards. Of course shipping is expensive but heck, it'll never be more than RM150 in total! I've been crazily bidding for the stuff for the past few weeks and finally managed to win one. I'm now thinking of bidding on all the rest which are listed as well and reselling them on eBay Malaysia, giving other 'gwailor' sized Malaysians the chance to use this award winning thing.
Hmm...looks like I will be busy for the next two months while I'm on holiday....


No comments:
Post a Comment