Monday, February 18, 2008

Why shopping for men only takes a few minutes

I've just realised these past few weeks why men take such a short time to shop. While we women have tons of designs and colours to choose from, men has limited choices and colours. A shirt is a shirt, a pair of pants is a pair of pants. Unlike women, a skirt can be minis, knee length, calf length, long, A cut, pencil cut, flared, etc. I don't even want to mention about a blouse or a dress.
 
Been shopping quite a lot for little boys and for every 10 rack of girls' clothes, there are only 3 racks of boys' clothes. A girl can wear all sorts of colours while a boy will look girlish in pink, red, pastel purple, yellow, etc. Have I mentioned, out of the 3 racks of boy's clothings, 90% of them are blue in colour?
 
Through this experience, I think it's best to leave shopping for little boys to their Dads or brothers or uncles who are tuned to shopping for themselves. They could probably pick up a shirt in 10 minutes while we women who are tuned to shopping for women will take more than an hour just to look for a collared orange or red or green shirt which does not look like a shirt for girls and has buttons all the way from the top to bottom and must be checkered and short sleeves and...you get what I mean.
 
I've totally given up shopping for now.....

No comments: