Office colleagues have been extremely kind to me over the past seven months or so. My whole working area is filled with junk food, from chocolates and candies from Australia to sweet and sourish stuff from China (not that I crave for these) and the most recent ones are cartons of Chinese New Year cookies! I know I eat a lot but I do bring healthy food that I can snack on when heartburn attacks. From my left side all the way to the right side (and mind you, my workspace is the half-diagonal table kind) to the second drawer of my cabinet, they're all stuffed with food. People now automatically put all kinds of food on my table although they'll say "Oh, you guys share it ok?". So why don't they put it on the shared cabinet instead but on MY table?
From a 'S' sized, I now am wearing....wait a minute, I'm not going to mention my size here. I surfed all over to look for the range of weight that I should be in at this stage and it's nowhere to be found. So, yes, while the size gets to me, the candies and cookies soothes my heartaches away. And it helps to have calcium fortified ikan bilis (pre-loaded with sugar, salt and the unhealthy likes) to munch at when I get groggy after lunch. Taking naps here is after all a serious offence and no any such reason can be given if found napping.
Only yesterday my boss (one of the culprits who stuffs food on my table) mentioned that I am surrounded with food. But yeah, all of them aren't what I brought. The only thing that keeps my brain content about getting big is that I can now escape from the question that some people like to ask when they see you after some time - "Oh boy, you've put on weight! Are you pregnant?" I used to shun in shame at this question but not anymore!


No comments:
Post a Comment