Monday, January 28, 2008

Prawns=Rashes=Insomnia

Prawns are bad.....bad ever since a year ago. I wonder if it's me or the prawns. There weren't any problems a while ago eating prawns except that maybe I get high cholesterol which I could do some workout and get it done and over with. But now prawn, even one piece of it would cause rashes which then would cause itchiness which then would cause insomnia throughout the night which then will end up with me having panda looking eyes and the problem of trying to stay awake throughout working hours.
 
I'm late in my New Year resolutions but I have one in mind now - stay away from prawns even though they look so good on dimsum! Or buttered prawns with crispy accessories or....OK, I better stop.
 
I don't think it's fair even to create a New Year resolution when I am being punished enough when I do something wrong (eg like the prawn case). So anyway, this is the list of my so-called New Year resolutions that I would have to adhere to or get punished in other ways:
1. No prawns, ever or I'd get horrid rashes especially on parts where you can't scratch.
2. No acidic food like oranges or I get heartburn that turns into gastric after days of suffering from heartburn.
3. No sugary food (there goes ice-cream, cakes, ice-cream, cookies, ice-cream, kaya pau, ice-cream, mango dessert......) or I'd be diabetic soon enough or I get yeast infection immediately.
4. No food made with yeast (there goes char siew pau, roti canai, buns, bread and a lot of other stuff that I'm craving for) or I get yeast infection.
5. No oily and fried stuff or those with high cholesterol (there goes siew yoke, fried nga-ku, KFC, Mac D, Twister Fries) or the 5kg weight I'm gaining every month will remain with me forever. Nope, it's not caused by the little guy coz he's not overweight now it seems.
6. No uncooked food (SASHIMI!!! There goes fresh salmon and I always thought they were very healthy food and no more half-boiled eggs - boo hoo!) or they cause salmonela or diarrhea or infection to that little guy. Some even say no coleslaw and no fresh salad from outside.
7. No alcohol, not even in fruit cakes or pies cause it causes me heartburn again or even asthma.
 
Actually, what am I left with to eat?
 
Ohhh...and not to mention, other than food, there are other resolutions to keep too:
8. No exercise (I'm totally disabled) - not even yoga and the devil of the swimming pool really looks so tempting now but I have no choice.
9. No holiday by flights (and why does the company have to offer free tickets after free tickets now?)
10. No walking or hiking or anything that involves my two legs for more than 15 minutes
11. No shopping in big shopping malls (thank goodness for internet shopping)
12. No more spending money to treat myself since recession is hitting and I'm forced to use up all cash on all other stuff.....
 
I'd better stop writing now or life's beginning to sound so gloomy. Plus this tactic really kept me awake for a while!

No comments: