Two weeks ago, the Maybank at SS21 had a protest session. They carried a big colour printed banner outside the branch and were distributing leaflets to everyone. Out of curiousity, I accepted on eof their leaflets. It says the the bank is robbing money out of the staff. They have not received the bonus and usual increments while the bank has been making money. And the increments were supposed to be 30%. Hang on.....30%??? They must be kidding right? Are there any companies out there which pays 30% increments every year? I'd join that company and never ever leave! Heck...for the past six years, I've not had an increment of more than 5% plus no bonuses and I'd been contended for that six years. I sometimes wonder how I managed that. Plus, if they're complaining about increments and bonuses, who paid for the banner and the leaflets? They were definitely printed leaflets in good quality paper!
________________________________________________
The big boss visited the PJ office last Thursday. He said he had some big news for us. He was going to shift us all back to the airport. Why? Because the PJ office looks like a hospital. (I will not ever show him the picture of my previous office). When? Soon...but no timeline given. Got place? Yes, we didn't have to worry about space as he was going to make sure there's space for us. His reason? We're people who need to know what's happening around the world and which better place than the airport itself where you have every nationality running around downstairs. Hmm..makes some sense I guess but why not KLCC or MidValley then? He said he will compensate - I hope he remembers this when we finally shift.
I actually had this vision when I heard about the new airport which is being built now. But I didn't know it was going to be this soon. Yes, it would be doubly far but the time I take to go through the jam every morning to PJ would be equivalent tothe time I take to get to the airport - minus all the stress I face during traffic jams. There's also free lunch over there plus monthly parking is a lot less than what I'm paying for now. There's also going to be a food court, a gym and swimming pool. Plus the free child care centre which is already operating. Hmmm...maybe I should just shift to Cyberjaya or Putrajaya or Nilai.
As for the lost laptop, the big boss signed it off. I was about to put up with a fight if they asked me to pay for it and issued me a warning letter as stated in the 'lost laptop' form. But he signed it off. Yay!


No comments:
Post a Comment