Saturday, April 14, 2007

ESCAPED!!!!


Escape is a new game of mine. I have so far got through two treacherous company 'work-gatherings' successfully and have yet to make my final exit.

The first was the quarterly board meeting. I know it sounds ridiculous to have escaped from such an 'important' meeting that discusses your department's future in the next three months and you're the one and only planner who determines it. I sent an e-mail to the boss explaining why I had to make an escape. Verbally, it was a blunt no with a let's-see-if-the-meeting-ends-early sentence for the hopefuls. Not so hopeful after all as the meeting room was booked right through the night with dinner supplied. What could one expect? It was a surprise when he replied that I could go collect my prize later on that evening. I made my escape leaving the poor soul to present my 3-months plans to the board. Ahhh..he is the boss isn't he?

The second was the 'big Friday night party'. The one that had 8-TV attending and some contenders running around to sell the new items for the company. The winner would literally get a job in the company....that's the best part of winning isn't it? (I type this with a snide). I avoided the boss the whole day and funnily enough, he did the same. In fact I avoided meeting anyone that day and made my escape after work. Easy huh?

The final one is a bit more difficult and is still in the planning. The policy of dumping all grounds on the next person when one leaves the company has made me a very good planner all these years but still.... It will be my final escape. No doubt I've opened up the gates but the road towards the opened gate is too far ahead. Shucks!


I need David Copperfield.

No comments: