Did I mention I went to Port Dickson recently for the Raptors' Watch?
Well, I did and joined the Nikon and MNS' photography contest. I was already regretting paying the MYR5.00 for the photo entry when I looked at the other participants who had Nikon SLR cameras with telephoto lens! They looked so professional. And since it was a Raptors watch event, they could take very clear pictures of the raptors hovering high above with those lens! Who am I with this Canon S3 non SLR camera sending in a thumbnail that I could not even see and does not contain any bird?
Thus it was a BIG surprise when MNS called me yesterday and told me I've got a winning picture. A winning picture? Which one? The one with the roots, she said.
I took a look at the winning picture when I got home last night and wondered if this could be the reason. See below.

The roots of mangrove trees. The roots are special because they are actually used by the tree to breathe. Yes, breathe, that is why they are above the ground. The sea water flows through and the roots suck in oxygen (O) from the water (H2O).
And why is this a winning entry in a birdie event? Do you see the dead bird on the right?

A closer look at the 'dead bird'


No comments:
Post a Comment