Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Darn Jam

And so it goes.....

Remember the time when I wrote about going to office earlier at 7:30am? Well, it's been only a few months and now the jam is terrible at 7:30am. I would have to start getting out of the house at 6am to beat the darn jam.

Yesterday, it took me one and a quarter hours to reach the office, which on a normal Sunday would have taken me fifteen minutes. Blame it on the rain, yes, but today it wasn't raining and it still took me forty five minutes. I am sleeping less and less each day just to beat the darn jam and at this sleep deprivation stage it doesn't help that I have three jobs which I could not let go of any. Why? I don't know, maybe it's because I'd like to beat the darn jam and in the process, I need to have two other jobs that hopefully will eventually lead me to my freedom (from the darn jam).

If that is not enough of a complaint, hear me more. It couldn't have been a better morning to sleep in while it was raining cats and dogs out there. But no, I had to drag myself up and get in the car. I was supposed to renew my road tax which was expiring in two days, so I brought my car insurance which I renewed two days before. I know, they called me about two weeks ago to remind me (gosh, how do people know I am such a forgetful person?) and yet I forgot. So after that darn jam, I missed my chance to go to JPJ for that renewal. I decided then to go at lunch to the Post Office instead. Gleefully, there wasn't many people, so I queued. Eventually my turn came and the woman asked me for my car registration card. Shucks! My car registration card - I knew I'd forgotten something but because of sleep deprivation, I couldn't remember what it was! And guess what I asked the woman - "I thought everything was computerised so can't you renew my road tax for me without my car registration card?" I know, it sounds really stupid and I did that. And all this just to get stuck in the darn jam every morning.

So I'm going to ask for everyone's help here. I'd like to not get stuck in the darn jam. This means I need to work harder on my other two jobs. This means I'll be more deprived of sleep and less time for everything else. Plus I want to move to a new house to avoid the darn jam. No, not to a house near my office but one way out of the country in Ubud. Hah!

Would anyone like to buy clothes? Or bags? Or necklaces? Or bracelets? Pretty please?

No comments: