Yes, I have left this blog untouched for so long - now who shall I blame it on?
Office:
My boss - ex-boss now, left in October. No one else can cover me for management meetings, reports, presentations, office squabbles with other departments, etc...I would have to do it anyway so what did I do? I accepted their offer in hope that at least they'd give me a whole lot more in salary to cover for all my lost time and stress. Let's just say my expectations were high (is 20% considered high? I've heard of major jumps in salary for promotion...). My new boss (the one that once upon a time I asked my Dad to run over) said to me, "Open it, I want to see your reaction." I opened it and there was NO reaction. I have to accept his explanation - it's on a high side for this company and that they will use this for bonus payment too. That's when I found out from other colleagues that normal increments can go as low as 3%. Oh well, at least it's better than some previous companies that I've joined. But since that letter, I haven't had time for myself except if I'm on MC. I spend more than 8 hours totally immersed in work that my eyes are deteriorating, FAST!
My boss:
He isn't that bad after all. Well he did get me promoted that the rest of the other colleagues who've been here a decade are totally envious. The first thing they asked me was if I were going to shift away from the place I'm sitting in. And back to my boss, he said to me, "You have to be a bitch. All my previous women staff were bitches and that's how you get what you want." OK, so how do I be a bitch? Is there a course or something that teaches you how to be a bitch?
He invited all the HODs who reports to him to a karaoke cum eating cum drinking session last week before the long holidays. Not bad. It's just that I do miss having a boss who can talk about personal stuff and give lots of personal encouragement to you. I won't dream of talking to him about my kid who's jumping on the edge of the sofa, for example. He's more of the I-want-it-by-April-and-don't-care-how-you-do-it kind of person. Plus he's totally good in communications (how else can he convince the management to get me promoted when I was just confirmed 7 months ago?). He's also the kind that if you're good to him, he may be better to you.
I only had a man boss once in my working life. He bought me yoghurt every day because I had a weak stomach. That was years ago. Are all man bosses like that? Hmmm.....
Home:
You get it if you've been following my blog - I hadn't had time to blog about my trip to Bali (ages ago), my kid, my friend's wedding where I was the 'basket-holding' person, my sister's wedding, the Earthquake in Indonesia that was felt in my office, all other funny stuff. Horrors - I hadn't even seen the pictures I took of my niece and nephew playing with my kid!
Me:
I've been having diarrhea quite often lately that I thought something must be wrong with my stomach. So I went for a colonoscopy and endoscopy which were due four years ago. I guess all that stress must have gotten to me. I have acute gastritis, gastro-esophagus-reflux-disease and hemorrhoids. And all I can remember is the doctor's orange crocs. He said I shouldn't remember anything, which is true but his orange crocs were so distinct that I'd remember it for life. It would've been OK if he wore brown crocs or black crocs. I know Crocs has some hospital-designed shoes. But his were so bright in orange!
And talking about modern medicine - they really do improve. I could remember my last scope where I could 'feel' something poking in my stomach and going into my stomach like a train moving on tracks. This time, I couldn't even remember waking up, how I got into the car and how I got home. I can remember the vomiting part in the car though but the next thing I knew was waking up on the sofa of my living room.
The end:
I've applied for some off-days to clear my leave but they haven't been approved. So, till then, I wouldn't know when I would be updating this blog again.


1 comment:
I hope nothing but good health for yourself and your family and friends. Your boss seems to be quite charming. You may be overwork, but just continue perform well to look good on your next job search. I could wait for your next post.
I wish I have a job. I'm searching to be a Graphics Designer. I am going to school for that.
Sooo . . . you went to Bali even after the terrorists bombing of it. You're not going to let them dictate where you go for a vacation?
Post a Comment