Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The Year of The Ox
It's been a pretty long time since I actually used my camera for 'real' photography shots. I've somehow forgotten how to use some of its functions! So, I finally made some 'Chinese New Year' resolutions not to let the kid run my life. I need some time for my own life too. Starting with some Chinese New Year shots, I hope to publish more photos on this blog soon.
My favourite photography object. These are the only pictures I have in my camera for a pretty long time since I stopped using it or bringing it wherever I go. It's been a year! Gosh! This also means its been more than a year since I travelled anywhere. I think the furthest I've gone within these two years is Ikea..or maybe Kota Kemuning (minus the Seremban trip I just made two days ago). Hah!
Ahh, the famous "low sang" that Malaysian Chinese have as the first dish. I wonder who invented this (as well as who invented giving angpows with money inside which really, like Chinese weddings, makes one bankrupt for a month or more). The higher you toss the nine kinds of err...shall I say vegetables, the more you will receive. More what? I am unclear but I guess it's more of whatever you've wished for during the toss. I'd choose health over anything coz it's not been a blissful start of the year with me having bad diarrhea and tummy upsets so often. Hmmph!
I now remember one of the reasons for naming my blog the way it is. It was then for pictures of food. I remember posting up pictures of Chinese New Year dishes way back in 2005, or was it 2006, from what was then one of the more well known photo sites - Photobucket. I have long deleted off my account and what's left in the blog post is nothing but signs of lost images. But if I can remember, the pictures look the same with this one that I took - same old yummy dishes, same dining table, same Balinese dining mirror. Just a different house.
I used to love my little apartment because of the busy, you-can-get-anything-downstairs, convenient place. But I guess it's not healthy to live in such places where you breathe in dust from the highway and have possibly about 20 steps in the living room and 10 in the bedroom to walk about. Yes, I could see Genting from the balcony but it's only after the ten thousands of roofs and billboards and buildings and highways. This new scenery that I see almost every morning beats the Genting view handsdown. I now wake up to fresh air, birds chirping and squirrels running in the garden.....It is indeed a good New Year for me and the rest of the clans who moved down to this place called home.


No comments:
Post a Comment