Monday, October 05, 2009

The cat is gone....

My boss has gone for early retirement. Her last day was last Monday and no one's bothered to announce the replacement boss. And now the budgets need to be signed and submitted by Friday and I have no Head of Department to sign and therefore no Vice President would want to sign too. *Sigh*.....I'm getting a headache. I thought it would be fun without a boss. Oh yes, it is, in a way that the "prefect" as in my last post has no one to send emails to if I came in late, no one bothers where I am, I could have half day long lunches, I could skip coming to work and tell the rest I was on leave or on MC, no one pushes me to do anything, etc etc. As you can see, the list is endless but unfortunately, I am not doing any of these things. Instead I get myself a big headache worrying about the budgets and capex. *Double sigh*.


The budgets ain't even the biggest issue. The biggest issue would be 'moving out' of the office. Well, not practically moving to another area or town or state but to the next block. For the past year, my department has been in this so-called temporary department that my retired boss has somehow made it permanent for me. Somehow, after she left, the other higher ranking staff in this so-called department is keen on moving me out of 'her' department. So, she's actually told me to add the moving cost into my budget. Kausai.


Why am I rambling on about these issues that are giving me headaches anyway?


No comments: