Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baker Brown's gone.....

Nope, it's not anybody, it's just the brand of a bread. I can't believe it's gone.

A few months back, I saw this bread on the shelves of an organic shop. They said it's not organic but it's healthy bread. There were three different variants - white bread, wholemeal bread and multi-grains. The white bread costs only RM1.80, the wholemeal RM3.00 and the multi-grains RM6.00. Out of curiosity I bought the wholemeal bread.

It actually tasted so good that I got stuck to buying it on every Tuesdays and Fridays when the stocks arrive. It's better than Gardenia and Hi-5. It actually tastes like the 'mee-ku'. You really can eat it plain unlike the other two brands that taste bland without butter and jam. With a slice of cheese, the Baker Brown's bread was fabulous! I promised to try the multi-grains one soon. They even had a website as stated on their plastic bread wrapper but when I surfed, the website wasn't accessible so I thought maybe they're still new and thus their website is in progress.

Later, they even came out with buns which tasted just as great! Rm1.20 for 3 pieces - I tried all 3 variants.

Today, I went to get it again and found the shelf empty. Only ones left were from last week and they expired today. Then the disheartening news was told to me. They've closed their doors. In fact they closed it earlier on but their staff who distributed the bread tried their best by making and selling the bread themselves. But what do they know, they don't really have marketing skills. So finally, they stopped.

No more 'mee-ku' tasting bread. How sad. I didn't even get to try the multi-grains one yet.

No comments: